Sunday, July 02, 2006

HAPPY JULY 4TH WEEKEND!!!!!

Happy Independence Day to all....the action always begins weeks before with the sound of all those illegal fire works going off everywhere.......our pets run and hide, the bird's fly from their nest's, people get their finger's, hand's and other body parts blown off. I'm always surprised it still goes on. You know how badly a child can be burned from an "innocent" sparkler? I know, I'm no fun....but it's true, not on July 4th and not with all that noise and yes, danger.

What a great time to stop and think about what it really means. Independence Day.....I think of all the lives that have been lost so that America can be a country of freedom. I also wonder about how much of that freedom we have lost. How individual freedoms are constantly in jeopardy. The freedom to choose, the freedom to live, the freedom to love. So much to still fight for.

A friend sent me this link http://sagebrushpatriot.com/america.htm
I sent it on to family and friends who have sent me back many wonderful comments......take a look....tell me what you think - addie.daddio@silverlakenc.org

Enjoy the BBQ's this weekend. Keep your pets inside, the ear plugs handy.....and look around town for some of those great firework display's handled by the professionals!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home